Are you afraid of losing your teeth and having an unhealthy smile as you age? If so, our dentists, Drs. Bruce Utterback and Pia Sweeney, has some good news for you: You can have a top-notch oral health and smile if you take good care of your teeth and gums! To help you do so, they have some tips for you, which are:
– Attend your regular dental cleaning appointments, even if you have dentures.
– Brush your teeth every morning and night. As you do so, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
– Floss your teeth once a day with an easy-to-use product. Flossing helps you clean between your teeth and maintain healthy teeth and gums.
– Limit your sugar and acid intake. Also, try to eat more tooth-healthy foods, like fruits and vegetables.
– Don’t smoke, chew, or use any tobacco products. Tobacco can increase the risk of falling victim to major dental and health issues.
– If you take medications for one or more health issues, ask your doctor if you could take medications that do not cause dry mouth. Dry mouth promotes cavity development and bad breath.
Do you have any questions about oral care for seniors in Virginia Beach, Virginia? If so, please reach out to our dental team at Sweeney Utterback Dentistry. All you need to do is dial 757.222.3737 and we will be more than happy to assist you. We look forward to your phone call!