Did you know that your teeth can last for an entire lifetime in excellent condition if you are willing to take the steps to keep them clean and strong? The opportunities to keep your smile bright as you age have never been greater. For more information about aging and dental health, consider the following:
– Unpleasant habits such as chewing tobacco, smoking, and using drugs can all have serious consequences on your oral health, and those consequences will only get worse with age.
– Always brush your teeth at least twice daily for 2-3 minutes.
– Always floss your teeth at least once per day for 2-3 minutes, hitting all areas between every tooth. Do not forget the back teeth.
– All teeth and teeth stand-ins should be cleaned, including any dental work you may have had done, including soaking your dentures in a cleaning solution each night.
– Make sure to attend your professional cleanings twice per year with your dentist, and if you have any other issues, schedule regular checkups to certify your oral health remains in excellent care.
– The best type of floss is typically shred-resistant floss that will not rip when you use it.
– Always brush your teeth with a toothbrush that features soft bristles.
– If manual brushing is hindered and painful, try brushing with an electric brush instead.
– Exercise caution with hard and tough foods that can easily chip and crack your teeth.
If you would like to schedule an appointment at Sweeney Utterback Dentistry or would like a comprehensive oral exam from Dr. Bruce Utterback and Pia Sweeney and our team at our dentist office in Virginia Beach, Virginia, please give us a call at 757.222.3737. Come in and become a success story with a healthier smile today.