If you’re not sure how to use your new water flosser, our Sweeney Utterback Dentistry is more than happy to help you! The flosser is less complicated than it looks. In fact, it can be extremely easy to use once you get the hang of it. In order to properly clean your teeth with a water flosser, Drs. Bruce Utterback and Pia Sweeney and our team recommend following the provided steps:
– Step 1: Fill the flosser’s reservoir with lukewarm water and place it back on its base. Make sure you press down firmly to ensure proper placement and don’t forget to put the lid back in place.
– Step 2: Choose which tip you would like to use and press it onto the handle of the flosser. Then, choose the level of pressure you would like the flosser to use.
– Step 3: Lean over the sink so you don’t make a mess and place the tip of the flosser in your mouth.
– Step 4: Turn the flosser on and close the lips around the wand. This will help prevent splashing.
– Step 5: Start by cleaning the back teeth. Aim the flosser tip just above the gumline and at a 90-degree angle. Wash the base of each tooth and spray each crevice of the smile.
– Step 6: When you are done cleaning your teeth, turn off the flosser and remove the tip. You can remove it by pressing the tip eject button.
If you still have questions about your water flosser in Virginia Beach, Virginia, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 757.222.3737. Your dentist or a member of our dental team are here to help you in any way we can, and we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!